Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inside Outside


She brings calm anxious aura

            when there is no reason, nothing more than a day

            pushing my pace frantic, rushing day to minute to second to…

Then arrives abrupt isolation, a silent demand for focus

            on her, her moment. 

She comes so foreground centers, background blurs

            to no perspective no depth, and as I breathe

            that in which she moves, her peace takes me

            from a world dissolving outside of us.

Inside my head my mind my thoughts race so,

            so that perhaps all else seems, is not, may not be frozen haze,

            but merely lost to the madman inside.

He runs to a thousand places in my head,

            keeps her talking, smiling, keeps her there while

            within that eight cylinder fire-breathing dialogue rages.

“Why’d I say that and what do I say next and shut up and listen and

            God, she’s listening to me.  She is, she is, AND SHE IS!!!”

She’s making me feel what’s been so long and dead since,

            since that’s been there or anywhere. 

And is it her?  Or is it what? Or is it that she makes me feel          

            that for which I have longed without knowing longing?

Can I, might I, do I love her for that and nothing more than I feel again

            uncomfortable feeling uncertain, questioning myself,

            why is, why is not my conversation comfortable cohesive coherent?

Why think these things, ride this storm

            while she simply smiles?


2 comments:

  1. your poetry tingles my imagination and i believe that is the essence of good poetry. You've done it again, it was worth it coming back to check your new post. Sir how long have you been writing poetry please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate them very much. I've been writing this kind of thing for about 20 years. It helps me cope. I'm so glad that you like it and thanks again.

      Delete