Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Somewhere Between


I raise you up, and build high for you, for me,

            a private pedestal.

I raise you up and am bewildered

                        by your shimmering symmetry.

            Too much comes from you,

                        emergent Mediterranean muse.

                        You sear to scar what

                        no longer lies hidden.

            My child mind that knew not need

                        never again will roam, run in spring slick grass,

                        or float slow streams or lie lazy in fields

                        to see rabbits or robins form from fat cloud clusters.

I raise you up and subtly you slay the boy within,

            the one without want.   


I drag you down and born is

            a man, a man that sees

                        not your sea or stars or daunting dark dawn.

I drag you down and my vile eye

            catches an olive sigh of skin caressed curve.

I drag you down and bare your dusky body beneath me,

            devouring you with sweat and saliva and clawing want,

            seizing your siren’s soft center of my sin.

I drag you down, feed my need,

            And linger lost,

                        knowing nothing

                        but this newborn beastly being.


I live for you, my captor queen,

            I lust for you, my moaning whore,

I live inside a world between,

            That leaves me dreams of so much more.


No comments:

Post a Comment