Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

From There

Full moon last night and I wondered
           “Can you see it, too?”
            Or only me only, again?
It watches unknown me
            unknowable to me. 

So I watched it for you
            from a fog faded bridge.
With me wishing, watching for you
            the moon would still not come
            as close as clear as here.

I watched and spoke not secrets,
            the unspoken unshared,
            things proud and dark,
            chances seized and lost,
Reminisce and regret
             joyfully joined,
Telling my one web of time. 

The moon from there was nothing
But a spectral seeming smudge
Veiled with waves fading
             fainter silver to grey to night,
             edges echoing unkind and unsure.
Not quite gone.  Just almost there.
Shining,
            the moon and I,
            unreal, unbelieved, unsought.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment