Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Things That Almost Happen

I almost called the blog CyclothymicTimes. I won’t go into the American Psychological Association’s definition of cyclothymia as it’s filled with what I suspect are unflattering clinical terms for which I care very little. (But if you insist, here you go: http://www.dsm5.org/ProposedRevision/Pages/proposedrevision.aspx?rid=158)

For the rest of us, think bipolar light, although I simply prefer to view it as slow-motion mood swings. Call it a spectrum thing- think of Asperger/Autism. (On second thought, maybe don’t think that.) Anyway, as anyone who’s ever been a consumer of the service can attest, psychological diagnosis often seems a bit of a gooey science. Regardless, that’s all I intend to write about that subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment