Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Zelda

Last night I held
a little girl
I’d named Zelda
and dressed her
in the Jazz Age
way.  She was
a beautiful
little fool
that left for West
Egg with cellos
in the background
stringing along
the wrong song.

I held her
to the night
where she became
the space
between stars
and I held her
higher against
the moon where
she became hollow
and I saw a
woman waiting
inside.  

She is the
iceberg drifting
around me,
I can’t see
most of her.
This is the peace
that jars me,
this is the
chronology
of a slow fade. 

The distance between
truth and lie
depends on who
I tell it to. 
The distance
from lost
to tossed
depends on if
I’ve let go. 

These are things
of which
I know
nothing and find
myself  speaking
with conviction.
This is my
name in her
Book of the Dead.
This is quiet war
where a man
of ash moves,
where only
I get hurt
if I do it right.

Art courtesy of  http://www.red-letterimaging.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment