Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Someone Else


I am with the others,

            in place in the lost parade

                        that you watch

                        with inside smiles

                        while waiting to wish.

I am shimmering schools

            in the sea upon which serene you sail

                        while beneath I swim in uncertain unity until,

                        softly spoken,

                        drop depth charges

                        through surface swells into my midst, and

                        concussions crush my ruined remains.

I am sinking and radiating ever out,

            never to be rejoined to me,

                        or to how or to what once was

                        or thought to be. 

I am bubbles bursting forth

            to things of you rendered and revealed,

                        things to which all else has faded

                        leaving only tortured treasure,

                        painful pleasure picking my pieces apart.

I am feeding skulking scavengers that consume,

             that ingest illusions,

                        of more than peace or possibility

                        or life itself,

                        that carry some hopeful breath of

                        yesterday’s lost tomorrows.

I am the multitude moved by your sigh and

            the one broken by your cry.

I am wreckage in remembrance of

            holding your heart,

                        beating rich in my palm. 

I am dissolved, a silent sea shadow.

I am one of the someone elses.


1 comment: