Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Whisper

Quiet whispered “Come to me.”
            And I went
                        not to some suffocating shortage of sound.
I went to the source of her succulent silence.
       
I listened to her scented sighs singing soft songs,
            her fragrant forests and trembling trees
                        teasing me.

I bathed in her bay waves caressing crusted pilings,
            her heartbeat of beach bound breakers
                        begging me.

I walked in her mountain mists sneaking up slopes,
            her snow settling itself onto leaf and needle
                        nuzzling me.

 I slept in her midnight meadow movements,
            her flickering fireflies and stealthy shooting stars
                        seducing me.

Quiet whispered “You’ve come to us,
            For within me lies peace.”
            And each echoed “We will forever wrap each other around ourselves,
                        as only lovers do.”
            And so I was stilled,
                        and so I have stayed.

1 comment: