Welcome

Outside of commercially manufactured adrenaline rushes, the emotional toe-dipping lust for hot new skinny jeans or the fastest phone exists our increasingly rare genuine human experience. I sometimes struggle to remember that while life lives episodic, it is based on eternal themes. I hope that you are entertained by my exploration of this apparent dichotomy.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reminders

I’m the rattle in your dash,
The stove that cooks too hot.
I’m that itchy little rash,
And the movie with no plot.

I’m the faucet with a drip,
And the bed that’s never made,
The workday that you skip
And the bill you never paid.

I’m waxy buildup on your floor,
And jeans that feel too tight,
The dog that barks all night next door,
That looks like he may bite.

I’m that call you can’t avoid,
The little voice inside your head.
I sound a bit like Sigmund Freud,
And whisper you’re misled.

I’m that noise the furnace makes,
The fuzzy TV when it rains.
And lately I’m the toothache
That brings you subtle pain.

I am the pebble in your shoe,
You could so easily remove.
So as you do the things you do,
What does my presence prove?

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it proves that I'm human and have a choice to ignore/overcome. Maybe it proves that I can have control over some aspect of my life in a chaotic world if I choose not to shake that pebble out of my shoe. Then again, maybe it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The illusion of control is very important,huh?

      Delete
  2. Some days leaving that rock in my shoe is all I've got.

    ReplyDelete